Floor Supervisor (Housekeeping)
Train all new colleagues to the standards required by the hotel. Ensure that the standards and procedures are maintained by continuous on the job supervision, coaching and training of colleagues. Ensures that guest’s needs are anticipated at all times.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reports for duty punctually wearing hotel uniform and name badge at all times.
- Ensures colleagues report for duty punctually, well groomed and wearing the correct uniform and name badge.
- Provides courteous and professional service and training at all times.
- Provides constant monitoring of the service and cleaning standards of the room attendants in designated areas including pantries, service rooms, passages, guest rooms, staircases, elevators, garbage and linen chutes.
- Communicates new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood and followed.
- Develops deep cleaning schedules and sees that they are monitored and completed.
- Is aware of the company’s Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement and Guiding Principles ensuring that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
- Liaises with engineering to ensure all equipment is in good order and that all other repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Liaises with other departments in order to ensure that guests receive the very best service.
- Ensures keys are handled in a secure manner.
- Takes charge of the relevant shifts.
- Understands, communicates and ensures the Departmental Performance Plan is understood by all colleagues.
- Conducts training and re-training of colleagues in accordance with Hotel policy.
- Evaluate procedures and suggest improvement in assigned areas
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all housekeeping equipment and schedules necessary preventive maintenance and repair work of said equipment
- Ensures that all room attendants are utilising approved equipment, chemicals and cleaning methods when servicing the rooms.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled
- To have in-depth knowledge about Hotel and its facilities.
- Attend departmental meetings and effectively pass on information to attendants in a timely and effective manner.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Management.
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development so ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency
- Supervise the colleagues within the department ensuring that the correct standards are followed and methods of service are maintained.
- Ensure that housekeeping attendants exercise proper discipline and courtesy in attending to guest needs and provide regular feedback to them.
- Assists in the monthly and quarterly inventories of linen, cleaning and guest supplies.
- Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests.
- Ensures all discrepancies are reported in a timely manner.
- Attend various briefings as requested by the Assistant Housekeeper or designate.
Safety and Security
- Reports any suspicious behavior immediately
- Reports damages or missing items
- Reports hazards
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel’s key control system and ensures others are trained in same
- Returns Lost and Found to the Housekeeping office following the required procedures
- Understands and adheres to all fire and safety procedures.
- To check on the fire exit signage on floors and ensure well it, clean and maintained.
- Ensures safety standards are adhered to in all assigned areas.